Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Services using all my data after iOS16 update

System services is constantly using my data when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi, I've had to add 2gb extra last night and I've now got 59mb's left. I've tried turning off automatic updates etc but nothing seems to be solving it. How do I stop this as I currently can't have data turned on, which is not great when not connected to Wi-Fi.

See screenshot of data used after literally 5 minutes after I reset the statistics.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 3:03 PM

I actually said "System services is constantly using my DATA when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi, I've had to add 2gb extra last night and I've now got 59mb's left." The screenshots clearly show that system services is using a lot more data then it should be.

Again this has NOTHING to do with storage and is about Cellular data. It is an issue and if you've no idea on it then just say that, rather than saying there isn't an issue. For example my partners phone is currently on 1mb cellular data used for system services, mine is now showing at 750mb..

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 3:03 PM in response to sberman

I actually said "System services is constantly using my DATA when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi, I've had to add 2gb extra last night and I've now got 59mb's left." The screenshots clearly show that system services is using a lot more data then it should be.

Again this has NOTHING to do with storage and is about Cellular data. It is an issue and if you've no idea on it then just say that, rather than saying there isn't an issue. For example my partners phone is currently on 1mb cellular data used for system services, mine is now showing at 750mb..

Nov 28, 2022 1:21 PM in response to ParisB21

ParisB21 wrote:

I've had to add 2gb extra last night and I've now got 59mb's left.

”Add”? It is not possible to add iPhone storage. You may add iCloud storage, which is completely different.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

The amounts you’re showing on your screenshot are really minuscule compared to the total iPhone storage.

Here’s guidance regarding clearing your iPhone storage.

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Nov 29, 2022 12:00 PM in response to ParisB21

ParisB21 wrote:

No sorry, this is not a storage issue, this is a cellular data issue.

Given you said this in your first post:

”I've had to add 2gb extra last night and I've now got 59mb's left.”

…and that statement has nothing to with cellular data, I actually have no idea what your issue might be.

But I do know that no screenshot you presented anywhere above presents any evidence of an issue.

You should check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and be certain you have no less than 6GB free at all times.

System Services using all my data after iOS16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.