You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Notifications from shared calendars that are turned off

I recently updated to iOS 16. Since then I continually receive notifications from shared calendars despite turning off reminders & viewing in:

• Settings-Notifications-Calendar-Customize-Shared Calendars (deactivated)
  • Calendar-See All Calendars (deactivated all buy my primary calendar)
  • Setting all meetings for resource shared calendars (i.e. conference rooms) to "no notice"

I even now get my boss's calendar information which I don't receive on my work PC. Is there a way to fix this glitch?

Note: I have the iphone 13 Pro. We use Exchange calendars at work.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 10:29 AM

Hi there! I was finally able to resolve the issue.

Open you Calendar > Click "Calendars" at the botoom > Click the "i" next to the Shared Calendar you don't want to receive notifications for any longer > Toggle the "Event Alerts" under Notifications to Off.

I think this was recently added in a fix to the update, and it's a bit odd that they don't automatically turn off when you unselect the Shared Calendar all together.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2022 10:29 AM in response to GidgetPowr

Hi there! I was finally able to resolve the issue.

Open you Calendar > Click "Calendars" at the botoom > Click the "i" next to the Shared Calendar you don't want to receive notifications for any longer > Toggle the "Event Alerts" under Notifications to Off.

I think this was recently added in a fix to the update, and it's a bit odd that they don't automatically turn off when you unselect the Shared Calendar all together.

Hope this helps!

Nov 30, 2022 11:14 AM in response to GidgetPowr

Hello GidgetPowr,

Based on your post, the notification settings are correct if you're not wanting to see notifications for this calendar. With that in mind, since this started after updating, there may be a software issue causing this. Please start with installing the latest version of iOS 16 (16.1.2) as updates can often include fixes for unexpected behavior. Update your iPhone or iPad has steps to back up and get your iPhone updated.

"Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do."

If you continue to receive notifications for calendars that you shouldn't after updating, please contact Apple Support.

Take care!

Calendar Notifications from shared calendars that are turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.