You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot activate or enter a code to watch apple tv. my desktop says that it cannot access this page... please advise

i cannot activate the code to watch apple tv. i have gone to activate.apple.com on my desktop and it says that it cannot access it? what can i do?

FireTVStick(2020),

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 2:44 AM

New accounts created on smart TVs and third party streaming devices may need to be activated through the Apple website activate.apple.com. During the account creating procedure, you would get a code displayed on screen, to be copied to the website. Did you get a code on the TV screen?

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

New Apple ID accounts need full user details as asked, a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method.

Signing in on a new device with a pre-existing account may require a verification code as part of two-factor authentication. This helps avoid fraudulent use, as the account holder will be notified when this new sign-in happens. This is a different code that the activation code mentioned above. The verification code will be send to you trusted Apple devices or trusted phone number(s), as identified for your account.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If the network connection isn’t blocking communication, then you should be able to sign in as intended.

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2022 2:44 AM in response to ewdewdewd

New accounts created on smart TVs and third party streaming devices may need to be activated through the Apple website activate.apple.com. During the account creating procedure, you would get a code displayed on screen, to be copied to the website. Did you get a code on the TV screen?

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

New Apple ID accounts need full user details as asked, a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method.

Signing in on a new device with a pre-existing account may require a verification code as part of two-factor authentication. This helps avoid fraudulent use, as the account holder will be notified when this new sign-in happens. This is a different code that the activation code mentioned above. The verification code will be send to you trusted Apple devices or trusted phone number(s), as identified for your account.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If the network connection isn’t blocking communication, then you should be able to sign in as intended.

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

I cannot activate or enter a code to watch apple tv. my desktop says that it cannot access this page... please advise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.