Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What brand battery can I use in my AirTag?

Any suggestions as to what brand of battery I can use in my Air Tag? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 1:27 PM

Hey there jjsandry,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. While we can't recommend a particular brand, any CR2032 lithium 3V coin battery that's available at most electronic and drug stores can be used with your AirTag.

However, we do recommend ensuring that the battery doesn't have any bitterly coating, as this may cause the battery to not work with your AirTag depending on how the coating is aligned on the battery.

For more details, check out this link here: How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 1:27 PM in response to jjsandry

Hey there jjsandry,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. While we can't recommend a particular brand, any CR2032 lithium 3V coin battery that's available at most electronic and drug stores can be used with your AirTag.

However, we do recommend ensuring that the battery doesn't have any bitterly coating, as this may cause the battery to not work with your AirTag depending on how the coating is aligned on the battery.

For more details, check out this link here: How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

Dec 1, 2022 2:53 PM in response to jjsandry

Based on past experience with a package of 2032 Batteries Duracell that I bought at Costco, do not buy this brand for Airtags, the bitter coating that is on this battery interferes with the Airtag and the battery will not work with out first removing the coating with Acetone (Finger Nail Polish Remover)

It's just alot easier to use any other brand.

What brand battery can I use in my AirTag?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.