Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to just create a link to an i movie without using YouTube/Facebook?

Is there a way to just create a link to an i movie without using YouTube/Facebook?

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 1:04 AM

Hi,

iMovie does not have the capability of creating a link.

Possibly there is some software out there that can create links. Many websites, like You Tube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. have a feature that allows the creation of an embed code for their videos or posts, that can then be embedded in your own personal blog or web page. You first would need to upload your video to one of those websites. You stated that you did not want to use You Tube, although it is a very convenient way to create a link to the video that can then be sent by email to your viewer.

Hopefully, someone with more experience in this will chime in here.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 1:04 AM in response to Mmcolvig

Hi,

iMovie does not have the capability of creating a link.

Possibly there is some software out there that can create links. Many websites, like You Tube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. have a feature that allows the creation of an embed code for their videos or posts, that can then be embedded in your own personal blog or web page. You first would need to upload your video to one of those websites. You stated that you did not want to use You Tube, although it is a very convenient way to create a link to the video that can then be sent by email to your viewer.

Hopefully, someone with more experience in this will chime in here.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.