Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using MacBook Pro in a desktop configuration

I want to use an external monitor, mouse and keyboard on a 2022 13" MacBook Pro while the lid is closed (clamshell mode) I did this with my 2013 MacBook Pro and it worked well. But I am having trouble with the display not working when I close the lid. It works until I close the lid.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 6:33 AM

No, that didn't help. Ultimately it led to an Apple Support article called, "Use an external display with your MacBook Pro." That article doesn't talk about using an external monitor while the lid is closed. Although it is working with the lid open, I would prefer to "dock" the MacBook Lid closed and stowed in a device holding it in a vertical position allowing for more workspace.

My 2013 15" MacBook Pro could be left in a stowed position, connected to power, and woken up by a wireless keyboard. It would then turn on the external display that was in standby. Essentially performing like a Mac Mini but with the portable convenience of a laptop.

Can the 2022 13" M2 MacBook Pro perform this way?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 6:33 AM in response to leroydouglas

No, that didn't help. Ultimately it led to an Apple Support article called, "Use an external display with your MacBook Pro." That article doesn't talk about using an external monitor while the lid is closed. Although it is working with the lid open, I would prefer to "dock" the MacBook Lid closed and stowed in a device holding it in a vertical position allowing for more workspace.

My 2013 15" MacBook Pro could be left in a stowed position, connected to power, and woken up by a wireless keyboard. It would then turn on the external display that was in standby. Essentially performing like a Mac Mini but with the portable convenience of a laptop.

Can the 2022 13" M2 MacBook Pro perform this way?

Nov 29, 2022 4:40 AM in response to ranleedo84

ranleedo84 wrote:

I want to use an external monitor, mouse and keyboard on a 2022 13" MacBook Pro while the lid is closed (clamshell mode) I did this with my 2013 MacBook Pro and it worked well. But I am having trouble with the display not working when I close the lid. It works until I close the lid.

M2 13"MBP 2022...

See if there is anything here—

MacBook Pro Clamshell mode for latest 202… - Apple Community

Using MacBook Pro in a desktop configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.