Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Do I Keep Seeing Photos in My iPhone Even If I Delete Them in My PC?

Hello everyone, I have I question. 🤔

I have iCloud photos active on my PC and I can see all my photos through Windows Photos app seamlessly. However, when I delete a photo in the app, I still see it on my iPhone. This is also the same like after I've deleted a photo in my iPhone gallery I can still see it on iCloud Photos in my PC.

There is not lag in sync because I can see the lastest photos both in my phone and PC.

Is there a way out off this?

Thanks! ✨

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 3:29 PM

Hello aligokvs,

Thanks for the clarification.

With iCloud for Windows, you can delete photos and videos stored in iCloud Photos from your PC. When you delete a photo or video, it's removed from your PC but still stored in iCloud Photos. You must delete the photo or video from an Apple device or from iCloud.com if you want to remove it from iCloud.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 3:29 PM in response to aligokvs

Hello aligokvs,

Thanks for the clarification.

With iCloud for Windows, you can delete photos and videos stored in iCloud Photos from your PC. When you delete a photo or video, it's removed from your PC but still stored in iCloud Photos. You must delete the photo or video from an Apple device or from iCloud.com if you want to remove it from iCloud.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day!

Nov 30, 2022 6:50 PM in response to aligokvs

Hi aligokvs,

To start check on iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer.

This will show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. Once you do this to locate which device doesn't seem to be syncing properly, you can try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again on that device

For more help with Photos, check out this article: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support.

Cheers.

Dec 3, 2022 10:38 AM in response to jmarse1

Hello and thank you for your comment. Everything is in sync. The problem is when I delete a photo from iCloud photos app in Windows, the photo won't be deleted and still can be seen on icloud.com and in my phone. When I delete a photo on icloud.com or in my iPhone, the photo will be deleted also from my iCloud photos app in Windows.

I want to delete a photo directly from iCloud photos Windows app. But I guess it is only for viewing at this point.

Thanks

Why Do I Keep Seeing Photos in My iPhone Even If I Delete Them in My PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.