Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase pending iPad

Hello, how long does the erase pending last? Is there something I can do to expedite it? Thank you.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 4:09 AM

Presumably you have used the Find My App to trigger a remote-erase of a lost or stolen device. The status will continue to show “pending” until the iPad acknowledges the erase command.

Clearly, the iPad will not receive the erase command, or be able to acknowledge receipt of the erase command, unless the iPad is powered-on with an active WiFi or Cellular connection. As soon as the iPad has a network connection, the command will be received and acknowledged - and the visible status will change.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 4:09 AM in response to Lilabugs

Presumably you have used the Find My App to trigger a remote-erase of a lost or stolen device. The status will continue to show “pending” until the iPad acknowledges the erase command.

Clearly, the iPad will not receive the erase command, or be able to acknowledge receipt of the erase command, unless the iPad is powered-on with an active WiFi or Cellular connection. As soon as the iPad has a network connection, the command will be received and acknowledged - and the visible status will change.

Erase pending iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.