Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't receive a two factor authentication code on my Mac with macOS Ventura

Upgraded to macOS Ventura last night and this morning when logging into a banking site I don't receive the two factor authentication code on my Mac. It comes on my iPhone but not on the Mac. I can send and receive messages on my Mac just can't receive the authentication codes on my Mac.

Any suggestions?

iMac 27″ 5K

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 7:12 AM

Make sure on the iPhone >> Setting >> General >> Messages and Text Forwarding in enabled. Still on that same spot on iPhone the Computer is Listed by Name and Enable ( Green Slider position )

5 replies

Nov 29, 2022 9:27 AM in response to PRP_53

I solved this issue, for some reason that doesn't make sense to me, the setting for text message forwarding did not show up in my iPhone 14 pro max 16.1.1 today. I restarted my iPhone and then text message forwarding appeared and I checked off my Mac and everything works now. The strange thing is everything worked yesterday and the only change was my Mac updated to Ventura last night, not sure how that effected my iPhone but it did and now it works.

I can't receive a two factor authentication code on my Mac with macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.