Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Home Screen Blurry with search button

My phone has had a constant issue of having a blurry home screen with the search button on the bottom. Is this a software problem or something else wrong with the phone?

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 6:51 PM

Ever since I downloaded ios16 I’ve been having the same issue which is why I never wanted to download it! I’ll be swiping and my home screen will randomly blur with only a search bar at the bottom. You can’t unblur it and the search bar won’t even work. No matter how much you keep swiping or try to recustomize the Home Screen it’ll stay blurred. The only fix is a hard reset but I’m sit of having to hard reset my phone everyday because these updates are bugged! Please fix this! It is annoying as he!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 6:51 PM in response to Sparks0829

Ever since I downloaded ios16 I’ve been having the same issue which is why I never wanted to download it! I’ll be swiping and my home screen will randomly blur with only a search bar at the bottom. You can’t unblur it and the search bar won’t even work. No matter how much you keep swiping or try to recustomize the Home Screen it’ll stay blurred. The only fix is a hard reset but I’m sit of having to hard reset my phone everyday because these updates are bugged! Please fix this! It is annoying as he!!

Dec 1, 2022 2:17 PM in response to Slider2187

Hi there Slider2187,

We'll need more information about the issue to see how we can help. Are you saying that the background of your iPhone is blurry when you are searching from the Home Screen? If so, this may be normal behavior. If that's not it, please send over a more detailed description of the exact issue you're experiencing and we'll take a closer look from there.

Thanks!

Apple Home Screen Blurry with search button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.