Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts keep disappearing

Since the upgrade to iOS 16, I am repeatedly losing contacts from iCloud. I have to rebuild contact information from scratch as they have vanished. I’ve tried all the steps I’ve seen and turned off iCloud sync then back on again but it doesn’t work. It means all I have is phone numbers no addresses or other info… help!!!! And thank you!!!

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 9:12 AM

Hi here alexisastral,

If you are missing contacts that are synced with iCloud, these steps from Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com show how to restore them:

1. On iCloud.com, click the App Launcher button in the toolbar, then click Data Recovery.
2. Click Restore Contacts.
Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
3. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.

Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make aren’t saved.

If you sync your contacts with an account other than iCloud, ensure this account is enabled under Settings > Contacts > Accounts. The 'Turn Contacts on or off for an account' section here has more info: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone or iPad

We hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2022 9:12 AM in response to alexisastral

Hi here alexisastral,

If you are missing contacts that are synced with iCloud, these steps from Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com show how to restore them:

1. On iCloud.com, click the App Launcher button in the toolbar, then click Data Recovery.
2. Click Restore Contacts.
Available versions are listed by the date and time they were archived.
3. To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
There may be more versions than can be displayed. Scroll to see them all.

Note: Wait until iCloud finishes restoring your contacts before you change them. During the restore process, any changes you make aren’t saved.

If you sync your contacts with an account other than iCloud, ensure this account is enabled under Settings > Contacts > Accounts. The 'Turn Contacts on or off for an account' section here has more info: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone or iPad

We hope that helps!

My contacts keep disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.