Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are ipod classics unsyncable? Why is my ipod classic not recognized in itunes, but is acknowledged in file explorer.

Are ipod classics unsyncable? Why is my ipod classic not recognized in itunes, but is acknowledged in file explorer?

iPod Classic

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 6:40 PM

The latest version of iTunes (12.12.6.1) should sync with iPod classic. I just tried connecting mine to a new Windows 10 box with a fresh install and I got this pop up.

Potentially it could have been dismissed previously with the do not ask me again option. It may pay to tap the Reset Warnings control under Edit > Preferences > Advanced, disconnect the device, restart iTunes, and then reconnect the iPod.

I installed the software as prompted and then synced a small list to an iPod classic.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 6:40 PM in response to timnkelley

The latest version of iTunes (12.12.6.1) should sync with iPod classic. I just tried connecting mine to a new Windows 10 box with a fresh install and I got this pop up.

Potentially it could have been dismissed previously with the do not ask me again option. It may pay to tap the Reset Warnings control under Edit > Preferences > Advanced, disconnect the device, restart iTunes, and then reconnect the iPod.

I installed the software as prompted and then synced a small list to an iPod classic.

tt2

Are ipod classics unsyncable? Why is my ipod classic not recognized in itunes, but is acknowledged in file explorer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.