Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16.1.1 ruined cam apps

The iOS 16.1.1 ruined all cam apps in my iPhone 13 Pro . Beastcam, Mavis, Promovie etc. They are all malfunctioning now. I can't set the shutter to 1/120 on Mavis , for example. My lady has an older iOS version and I can set the shutter to 1/120 on her phone.

It's clear that the malfunctioning of all cam apps I have are being caused by Apples' horrible new iOS. I called Apple and, in their usual arrogance, they said that it's not their problem.

But it should be . Most people who buy iPhone pro do so in order to use it as a camera and for that they need cam apps that they buy at Apple's store.

So it is Apple's responsibility and they should had taken cam apps into consideration when they designed their horrible iOS 16.1.1

I guess they are too busy censoring freedom of speech to care about their iPhone pro customers. So , does anyone has a solution for this problem? I saw online that I could revert to the previous iOS but it's rather complicated and I would need to buy some app and don't know if it would delete my what's app in the process. Help, please!

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:54 PM

It is always comforting to see someone siding with a corporate giant against customers.

To begin with, Apple's mediocre iOS 16 didn't cause malfunction on third part apps only. It caused serious problems with Apple's very own camera app as reviews and comments on Youtube prove, on the top of many articles about the malfunctioning of Apple's camera app after the release of the iOS 16.

So , according to your excuses, it seems that Apple did tell Apple about the new iOS but Apple didn't care to make changes and updates because Apple might be an "abandoned ware" or consists of just two people working from home?

Seeing that the iOS 16 caused malfunction on Apples' very own camera app is not surprising that it also caused malfunctions in third part apps and it clearly shows that those malfunctions are caused by Apple's poor design so Apple is responsible.

When I mentioned camera apps I was referring to the professional ones only and they are certainly not in the house of hundreds. I am sorry I wasn't clear about that. I also should have explained that I was referring to video, not photography. There might be 15 to 20 camera apps for video recording that have the tools, the universality and reliability required to use in professional, paid video work. Apps such as Beastcam, Mavis, Moment, Promovie, Guerrilla, Procamera, Kinomatic, Filmic Pro. I have all of them.

None of them has been updated to work with iOS apart, maybe, from filmic pro's new version which was released at about the same time of Apple's iOS update. I didn't check it yet because I really dislike filmic pro but might be forced to use it for a while.

Beastgrip, for example, is working to update its beastcam app but didn't manage to do so yet. It is understandable that they are still working on an update when Apple's iOS 16 damaged even Apple's own camera app so it's a really mediocre iOS and a difficult one to work with.

Moreover, there are all sort of problems caused by the new iOS, much more than the usual when new iOS are released, as an article on Forbes shows, for example. Problems with Apple's very own apps, battery, etc.

Apple's is responsible all right and they are at fault as they released a mediocre, poorly designed iOS, which is clearly shown on Forbes's article 'iPhone Owners Report More Serious iOS 16 Problems' . That article says right on the first paragraph: "iOS 16 continues to cause problems for iPhone owners, despite receiving four updates in just six weeks of release. And now the latest update has introduced another significant issue."

So, Apple is indeed responsible but they don't care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 5:54 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

It is always comforting to see someone siding with a corporate giant against customers.

To begin with, Apple's mediocre iOS 16 didn't cause malfunction on third part apps only. It caused serious problems with Apple's very own camera app as reviews and comments on Youtube prove, on the top of many articles about the malfunctioning of Apple's camera app after the release of the iOS 16.

So , according to your excuses, it seems that Apple did tell Apple about the new iOS but Apple didn't care to make changes and updates because Apple might be an "abandoned ware" or consists of just two people working from home?

Seeing that the iOS 16 caused malfunction on Apples' very own camera app is not surprising that it also caused malfunctions in third part apps and it clearly shows that those malfunctions are caused by Apple's poor design so Apple is responsible.

When I mentioned camera apps I was referring to the professional ones only and they are certainly not in the house of hundreds. I am sorry I wasn't clear about that. I also should have explained that I was referring to video, not photography. There might be 15 to 20 camera apps for video recording that have the tools, the universality and reliability required to use in professional, paid video work. Apps such as Beastcam, Mavis, Moment, Promovie, Guerrilla, Procamera, Kinomatic, Filmic Pro. I have all of them.

None of them has been updated to work with iOS apart, maybe, from filmic pro's new version which was released at about the same time of Apple's iOS update. I didn't check it yet because I really dislike filmic pro but might be forced to use it for a while.

Beastgrip, for example, is working to update its beastcam app but didn't manage to do so yet. It is understandable that they are still working on an update when Apple's iOS 16 damaged even Apple's own camera app so it's a really mediocre iOS and a difficult one to work with.

Moreover, there are all sort of problems caused by the new iOS, much more than the usual when new iOS are released, as an article on Forbes shows, for example. Problems with Apple's very own apps, battery, etc.

Apple's is responsible all right and they are at fault as they released a mediocre, poorly designed iOS, which is clearly shown on Forbes's article 'iPhone Owners Report More Serious iOS 16 Problems' . That article says right on the first paragraph: "iOS 16 continues to cause problems for iPhone owners, despite receiving four updates in just six weeks of release. And now the latest update has introduced another significant issue."

So, Apple is indeed responsible but they don't care.

Nov 30, 2022 6:22 AM in response to 3arrows

3arrows wrote:

It's clear that the malfunctioning of all cam apps I have are being caused by Apples' horrible new iOS.

Many users who have updated to iOS 16 and above must have a similar issue if the issues stated by you are due to the iOS.

Unless you state what the issue is many in this forum may not be able to respond positively to the issue you are facing. 

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Nov 30, 2022 6:46 AM in response to 3arrows

3arrows wrote:

So it is Apple's responsibility and they should had taken cam apps into consideration when they designed their horrible iOS 16.1.1

No, it's the responsibility of the developers of the apps to keep them updated. There is simply no way for Apple to text every single camera app in the App Store against the new versions and then adjust the iOS so that it doesn't affect a single app, no matter how badly or oddly written it might be. Apple releases the beta versions of iOS many months before it's officially released so that developers can make changes and updates. Some developers are very good at keeping things updated. Some are not. Some apps are what's called "abandoned ware". They are still available in the App Store but no longer being actively developed. Some apps are developed by one or two people who may have other jobs and who may not have the resources to move quickly.

There are hundreds of camera apps in the App Store. While you're waiting for Apple to do something (that's not going to happen), I'd suggest you search for one that has been updated recently.

ios 16.1.1 ruined cam apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.