Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad reset

hello i bought my niece an ipad i already went through the steps of recovery and received an email stating that the ipad can be recovered, but I dont want to link it to my info how can i reset the ipad to male it without my information sign in?

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 7:59 AM

When setting up the iPad, do not use your Apple ID. Use your niece's own Apple ID or create one for her if required.

click here ➡️ Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

See step 6 in the link above. Do not restore a backup, and do not transfer and data from your own device when setting it up.

5 replies

Nov 30, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Jaylyndiaz

If the AppleID and/or associated Password has been forgotten, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

Unless you AppleID account has not been fully/correctly configured, or has been seriously neglected, recovery of the AppleID and password should not be difficult.

More information about recovery of your AppleID:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

More information about recovery of your AppleID password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

When you recover access to your credentials, you would be well advised to log-in to your AppleID account from a web browser - and verify/update any email addresses and trusted telephone numbers:

https://appleid.apple.com

Nov 30, 2022 8:57 AM in response to Jaylyndiaz

Then you'll need to recover it, or as I said, create a new one for her.

She can request an account recovery process by following the steps here: link-> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Or create a new one during setup of the iPad as explained in the support document I linked to above.

ipad reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.