Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue since upgrade to Ventura

Since I upgraded to Ventura on my MacBook pro, my mail app doesn't sync for gmail. It does for iCloud mail. If I read or move something on my computer it syncs on my iPhone 14 pro. However, if I read or move something on my iPhone, it DOES NOT sync with mail on my computer. I have to do it all again. Worked perfectly before the upgrade. Anyone else experience this or have a solution? TYIA!

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 10:15 AM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2022 9:46 AM in response to msperkins

Hello msperkins,

First, close the Mail app on your iPhone, restart your iPhone and test the issue again. These simple steps often fix minor issues.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

1. "From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app."

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't fix the issue, it might help to remove the account from both devices then add it back again. this will clear out any error the accounts may have encountered. You can find more information about adding an email account to your devices below:

If you continue to experience issues after removing the account and adding it back or if the issue is only with your Gmail account, we'd recommend contacting Google directly for assistance.

Cheers!

issue since upgrade to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.