Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gift card fraud

Got a text from my manger asking me to purchase 2 apple gift cards and send the codes. Found out immediately after it was a spoof call / fraud. Any way I can reverse the gift cards??

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 12:45 PM

Hello Amy4321,

I believe not, they are the same as cash. Check what Apple has to say:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 12:45 PM in response to AmyA4321

Hello Amy4321,

I believe not, they are the same as cash. Check what Apple has to say:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

gift card fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.