Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a gift card be refunded by Apple?

I was recently scammed into purchasing three $200 Apple gift cards. I now have $600 in gift cards with no use for them. My wife and I both have IPhones, IPads, and a Mac computer with no plans to upgrade any time soon. I have not activated the cards yet and did not forward information as requested as I discovered the scam in time. Is there anyway to return to Apple for a refund?Duane M

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 7:18 AM

Contacts were compromised and request to purchase came from president of organization with confirmation for reimbursement from treasurer and I fell for it. Discovered as scam after purchase before sending cards to supposedly charity organization. Retailers said Apple aware of scam with their cards and have limited amount that can be purchased at one time which I discovered when I went back to refund!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 7:18 AM in response to Giftcardscam

Contacts were compromised and request to purchase came from president of organization with confirmation for reimbursement from treasurer and I fell for it. Discovered as scam after purchase before sending cards to supposedly charity organization. Retailers said Apple aware of scam with their cards and have limited amount that can be purchased at one time which I discovered when I went back to refund!

Jan 19, 2023 11:56 AM in response to Giftcardscam

If the card codes were never given to the scammer, then Apple and their affiliate have the money. They should have an easy refund process, but they are (so far in my relative's case) not making it easy. Given that the class-action suit against the company regarding this, and that Apple actually makes a large profit when the scams occur, it seems that they would be wise to be far more cooperative with victims.

Can a gift card be refunded by Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.