Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are EE supplied iPads covered under the Apple warranty scheme?

Hi Team

Are iPads supplied by EE or Vodafone or 3 Network as upgrades covered under the Apple One year limited warranty same as what one would be if purchased direct from Apple?

Before i purchase one from someone i need to make 110% sure that it will be covered if i take it into an Apple store should it go defective at some point and they won't turn me away saying i need to go back to the supplier as the warranty will be with them.

If that were to be the case I would have no cover as it would not have been registered to me originally

Currently its unregistered as its brand new boxed supplied from EE

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 4:00 PM

As you appear to be considering a purchase within the UK, the warranty for anything that you purchase is initially with the retailer from where it was purchased - with whom you have statutory rights of remedy for defective or faulty goods for at least one-year. Prior to the UK leaving the EU, you had a full two-year statutory warranty.

A manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to your warranty with the retailer - Apple offering a one-year limited warranty. While your principal warranty is with the retailer, Apple in the UK will also provide service within the terms of the Apple warranty.

Providing you purchase your iPad from an Apple Authorised Retailer (including EE, Vodafone or 3), you have opportunity to purchase Apple’s AppleCare+ cover with 60-days of device purchase. AppleCare+ extends Apple’s warranty cover to include all faults and accidental damage for two years.

Buy an AppleCare plan - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 4:00 PM in response to jetskibill

As you appear to be considering a purchase within the UK, the warranty for anything that you purchase is initially with the retailer from where it was purchased - with whom you have statutory rights of remedy for defective or faulty goods for at least one-year. Prior to the UK leaving the EU, you had a full two-year statutory warranty.

A manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to your warranty with the retailer - Apple offering a one-year limited warranty. While your principal warranty is with the retailer, Apple in the UK will also provide service within the terms of the Apple warranty.

Providing you purchase your iPad from an Apple Authorised Retailer (including EE, Vodafone or 3), you have opportunity to purchase Apple’s AppleCare+ cover with 60-days of device purchase. AppleCare+ extends Apple’s warranty cover to include all faults and accidental damage for two years.

Buy an AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Are EE supplied iPads covered under the Apple warranty scheme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.