Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30 DAY WARRANTY for IPAD Replacement

Where do I find the information that Apple only gives 30 day warranty when you purchase a refurbished IPAD as a REPLACEMENT to one they can't fix. My original IPAD AIR died at 16 months after I dropped it in water. The 2nd IPAD which I paid over $600.00 was "refurbished" and didn't last a year. The warranty for this is only 30 days. I talked to a Rep and she confirmed this. I would just like to know where to find this information online as I need a proof that it's not covered for a year.

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 3:03 PM

Apple covers service replacements for 90 days (not 30) or the remainder of the warranty or Apple Care+ (if available), whichever is longer.

click here ➜ iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Guarantee

We guarantee our service, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Apple warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. This is in addition to your rights provided by consumer law. 
Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may contain new or previously used genuine Apple parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements.
Read the Apple Repair Terms and Conditions
Read the Apple privacy policy

The 1 year warranty only applies if you purchased a reburbished product from Apple's online Refurbished Store. It has nothing to do with Service Replacements. Replacements offered for a fee during a repair or service appointment are not covered by the 1 year warranty.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 3:03 PM in response to paulette99

Apple covers service replacements for 90 days (not 30) or the remainder of the warranty or Apple Care+ (if available), whichever is longer.

click here ➜ iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Guarantee

We guarantee our service, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Apple warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. This is in addition to your rights provided by consumer law. 
Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may contain new or previously used genuine Apple parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements.
Read the Apple Repair Terms and Conditions
Read the Apple privacy policy

The 1 year warranty only applies if you purchased a reburbished product from Apple's online Refurbished Store. It has nothing to do with Service Replacements. Replacements offered for a fee during a repair or service appointment are not covered by the 1 year warranty.

Mar 27, 2023 3:00 PM in response to paulette99

The refurbished iPad page states it has a 1-year warranty!

Refurbished iPad Deals - Apple

I'm at a loss as to why a refurbished iPad sold to you to replace an out-of-warranty device that couldn't be repaired would carry only a 1-month warranty. Refurbished is refurbished!

I would call Apple and request that the 1st-tier agent that answers escalate your call to Customer Relations. Don't speak to anyone about your issue until you are speaking with Customer Relations.

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.3.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Mar 28, 2023 9:44 AM in response to paulette99

Thank you everyone for your input. I wonder if all "refurbished" are treated the same as far a QUALITY, otherwise why not offer the 1 year warranty anyways.

Anyhow, this is how I understand it.

Option 1:

• buy a refurbished IPAD as part of a "Replacement" deal (because my warranty had expired by only 4 months) for $609.07 (tax included) with 90 day warranty and No Apple Care available. This is considered a replacement because it follows the expired warranty of my 1st IPAD.

Option 2:

• buy a refurbished IPAD, full price, which was approximately $150 more with the availability to buy an Apple Care. I think the 1 year warranty would have applied to this one.

I've had an IPAD for many years but the quality has gone down, at least IPAD Air. I am very disappointed with Apple and will no longer do business with them.

Mar 27, 2023 3:26 PM in response to Dah•veed

Dah•veed wrote:

As explained, this is a refurbished device that he paid $600 for. This was not a service replacement.

Yes, there are service replacements that cost $600, such as an iPad Pro second generation or later.

The fact the OP mentions it was a replacement to one that could not be fixed, suggests it was a service replacement. Not one purchased directly from the Online Refurbished store. As it's highly unlikely they would have had the OP go buy one from there instead of offering the replacement during the service procedure.

Unless he had AppleCare, his original device was out-of-warranty when he damaged it.

Correct, and as such an out of warranty service replacement would have been offered which can totally cost $600.

30 DAY WARRANTY for IPAD Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.