Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t updated Contact from Maps, after updating to IOS 16.1.2

I updated IOS to 16.1.2 today (Nov 30, 2022), afterwards I attempted to update/add a Contact from Maps, but couldn’t, the feature is no longer listed at the bottom of a place/business location description. I have been updating and adding Contacts for years this way,.. can I no longer do this?!

- If so, I’m really disappointed that Apple would eliminate this feature from the iPhone Maps app; eliminating several options from a place description menu. 😕

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 2:34 PM

Ha! - I called Apple support (800) 275-2273), and in less than a minute of research Matthew figured it out:

The feature to update/created new contact, and to share contact moved from the bottom to the top of a Maps business/place description, Select the “Share” icon (box with arrow coming up and out)

”thanks Matthew!”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 2:34 PM in response to Vince-C-

Ha! - I called Apple support (800) 275-2273), and in less than a minute of research Matthew figured it out:

The feature to update/created new contact, and to share contact moved from the bottom to the top of a Maps business/place description, Select the “Share” icon (box with arrow coming up and out)

”thanks Matthew!”

Can’t updated Contact from Maps, after updating to IOS 16.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.