Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad external display not working

Hi asking if anyone knows how to work this out. I have a iPad 12.9’’ 6th gen and trying to extend my display to a tv using a usb c to HDMI adapter but doesn’t seem to be working.

I have done some research and found out Apple stopped this after the 16 os update but now I. On the 16.1.1 update and still can’t use the extended display feature. Any help on this would be great

iPad 6th gen 12.9 connection from a usb c to HDMI adapter to a LG Cx 65’ oled and have also tried on Sony tvs too it only mirrors the image not extend

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Basic screen mirroring should be available to an external TV or connected monitor with iPadOS 16.1.x. However, Stage Manager support for external monitors is not yet available - this feature being planned for release later this year.

Be patient. It’s coming 🙂

More information about current and planned new features of iPadOS16 can be found here:

iPadOS 16 - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 4:25 AM in response to Doherty616

Basic screen mirroring should be available to an external TV or connected monitor with iPadOS 16.1.x. However, Stage Manager support for external monitors is not yet available - this feature being planned for release later this year.

Be patient. It’s coming 🙂

More information about current and planned new features of iPadOS16 can be found here:

iPadOS 16 - Apple

iPad external display not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.