android file transfer not working on Ventura

I keep on getting: "Please connect your Android device with a USB cable to get started" and/or

"Try reconnecting or restarting your device", although the hardware connection to my

Samsung Galaxy A33 is ok, the cable is ok, and the USB debugging is on.

The "Android File Transfer" app worked ok with the macOS 12 (Monterey).

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 1:16 PM

I had the same problem connecting my Android phone to my Macbook Pro.

First, quit the "Google Drive" app & then connect again.

This method worked for me.

I've also seen some other people suggesting quitting the "Preview" app.

I hope this helps! 💥

Similar questions

46 replies

Jan 15, 2023 12:41 AM in response to Yer_Man

> Perhaps the app needs to be updated for the new OS. Contact the makers if it.

Good luck with that. Author of Android File Transfer - Google itself.

I just talked to Google support - they have no clue and no plans on supporting Android File Transfer. Even worse, there is no dev support on Android File Transfer anymore, and the team does not exist anymore. It is a dead project.

My guess is - in some time this app (Android File Transfer) will completely disappear in the same way as Google killed numerous other applications.

Time to look for some alternatives.

Jan 30, 2023 4:57 PM in response to albpetto-apcommun

I have followed everything I have read in reply to this post and have still come up short. Oddly enough, my wife's phone will work on my MacBook (Ventura), but my phone doesn't connect...but my phone does connect to her MacBook (Monterey). I have closed Google Drive, and preview, as well as gone to "Force Quit Applications" and made sure nothing else was running...no success! Man...this is frustrating!!

Feb 21, 2023 11:10 AM in response to albpetto-apcommun

Still no love for me. On my Macbook Pro (13.2.1) neither Drive nor Preview is running. Trying to connect a Pixel 6 (Android v13). Oddly, when I connect the phone to my 2012 Mac Mini with High Sierra, AFT comes right up. AFT version is the same on both Macs. I will note that I also tried a couple other transfer apps on the laptop, and none of them works, either. I get the same connection problems (app sees the phone but won't connect to it). Appears to be something with Ventura.

Feb 26, 2023 6:53 AM in response to kmsharif

That was 100% exactly the issue. I tried creating a new profile and that worked. Then was thinking it something to do with local setup of the account. Simply quitting Google drive solved the issue. Just to confirm it was already in debug mode and file transfer setting and connecting to different mac worked instantly.

android file transfer not working on Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.