Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old docking station to New MacBook Pro M2

I've got an old docking station that works great with my 2013 MacBook pro, will I be able to connect it to my new 13" MacBook Pro 2022, and will it work?

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 9:00 AM

That will depend entirely on the docking station, and how it connects to your 2013 MacBook Pro.

Can you provide the make and model of the docking station?

If you physically cradle the Mac in the docking station or is expecting particular port on the Mac in a particular location, then it may not be possible to connect it to the new Mac.

If it uses a standard USB connector cable or even Thunderbolt 2, you can get an adapter to go from one of the ports on the new Mac to the cable on the docking station.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 9:00 AM in response to MadAngus

That will depend entirely on the docking station, and how it connects to your 2013 MacBook Pro.

Can you provide the make and model of the docking station?

If you physically cradle the Mac in the docking station or is expecting particular port on the Mac in a particular location, then it may not be possible to connect it to the new Mac.

If it uses a standard USB connector cable or even Thunderbolt 2, you can get an adapter to go from one of the ports on the new Mac to the cable on the docking station.

Old docking station to New MacBook Pro M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.