Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dark mode suddenly turned on and won't turn off

I downloaded iOS 16.1.2 yesterday for my iPhone 14. Today it went into dark mode and I cannot get out of it. I've tried all the standard stuff-turning off dark mode, restarting, hard reset--nothing has worked. What do I do?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 1:29 PM

Wait!. Tried it again and it fixed it. Somehow the smart invert got turned on again after I'd made sure it was turned off. Not sure how that's possible, but it happened. Now I'm good.

So, can anyone explain why this happened? (I'm happy now that it's fixed, but I don't want to deal with it again.)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 1:29 PM in response to arkansasdoc

Wait!. Tried it again and it fixed it. Somehow the smart invert got turned on again after I'd made sure it was turned off. Not sure how that's possible, but it happened. Now I'm good.

So, can anyone explain why this happened? (I'm happy now that it's fixed, but I don't want to deal with it again.)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

dark mode suddenly turned on and won't turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.