Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received my new Mac Book Air today. I maigrated my data from my old iMac. I can't get apps to load on to the home page. How do I correct this and get it back to being a Mac Bool not an iMac? Thanks

I received my new Mac Book Air today. I migrated my data from my 2012 iMac. Everything transferred properly but now I can't load apps on to my home page. They go to Launch Pad. How do I get my Mac Book back to being a Mac Book and not an iMac? Thanks for your help.

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 2:45 PM

If you want an app to display on the Desktop (the term that Apple uses for the main screen on your Mac), go to Finder and use the Finder "Go" menu to open the Application folder. You can drag apps from the Application folder (or to the Dock).

They will still be in the Application folder and in the LaunchPad.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 2:45 PM in response to JimebVa

If you want an app to display on the Desktop (the term that Apple uses for the main screen on your Mac), go to Finder and use the Finder "Go" menu to open the Application folder. You can drag apps from the Application folder (or to the Dock).

They will still be in the Application folder and in the LaunchPad.

I received my new Mac Book Air today. I maigrated my data from my old iMac. I can't get apps to load on to the home page. How do I correct this and get it back to being a Mac Bool not an iMac? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.