Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPhone Unavailable"

I know how unrealistic it sounds to forget the password to your own phone that you use every day, but I did somehow and disabled my phone with too many incorrect password attempts. My only option given on the screen now is to erase the phone, but I have thousands of pictures that are not on iCloud because my storage was full.... Everything I've looked up already said that if it's not backed up then it's gone and if it's not in my iCloud photos when I log in on a computer then they will not be there, but I don't want to believe that it's not possible somehow, even if I take it to Apple? My phone still has notifications coming through constantly so how can my data be gone already? Is it possible to back up my phone now while its disabled somehow? All I genuinely care about saving on that phone are my pictures.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 7:25 PM

My only option given on the screen now is to erase the phone

Correct

but I have thousands of pictures that are not on iCloud because my storage was full

This confirms that the pictures are only on your iPhone and not backed up elsewhere

Everything I've looked up already said that if it's not backed up then it's gone

Everything on the phone will be erased

but I don't want to believe that it's not possible somehow, even if I take it to Apple

Understandable, so you should take the Phone to Apple to have them confirm that what you are hoping for cannot be accomplished.

My phone still has notifications coming through constantly so how can my data be gone already?

The data is not gone now, but it will be when you erase the phone to reset it and set it up again.

Is it possible to back up my phone now while its disabled somehow? All I genuinely care about saving on that phone are my pictures.

No, it is not. But, you can have Apple confirm this when you take the phone to them.

All I genuinely care about saving on that phone are my pictures.

It is unfortunate that they will be lost.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 7:25 PM in response to saturnsfav

My only option given on the screen now is to erase the phone

Correct

but I have thousands of pictures that are not on iCloud because my storage was full

This confirms that the pictures are only on your iPhone and not backed up elsewhere

Everything I've looked up already said that if it's not backed up then it's gone

Everything on the phone will be erased

but I don't want to believe that it's not possible somehow, even if I take it to Apple

Understandable, so you should take the Phone to Apple to have them confirm that what you are hoping for cannot be accomplished.

My phone still has notifications coming through constantly so how can my data be gone already?

The data is not gone now, but it will be when you erase the phone to reset it and set it up again.

Is it possible to back up my phone now while its disabled somehow? All I genuinely care about saving on that phone are my pictures.

No, it is not. But, you can have Apple confirm this when you take the phone to them.

All I genuinely care about saving on that phone are my pictures.

It is unfortunate that they will be lost.

"iPhone Unavailable"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.