Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of iPhone

I've managed to lock myself out of my iPhone 6s, because I've forgotten the password to the phone itself. I was wondering if there's a way to upload photos from the locked phone to iCloud because I know I'll probably have to reset the phone completely and I'd rather not lose the photos and videos.

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 7:56 AM

Sorry, there isn't any way to upload photos or anything else to iCloud if the phone is locked. The only hope would be if you had iCloud Photos turned on before or had a backup to a computer or iCloud from before the phone was locked.

Also see the following:

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that option is not available, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 7:56 AM in response to SidTheSloth_

Sorry, there isn't any way to upload photos or anything else to iCloud if the phone is locked. The only hope would be if you had iCloud Photos turned on before or had a backup to a computer or iCloud from before the phone was locked.

Also see the following:

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that option is not available, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Locked out of iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.