Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro max barrery drain

Hi, Ive recently updated my iphone 12 pro max to ios16.1 and I'm facing severe battery drain issue. My device battery health is 90%. I can literally see my iphone battery draining (a decline of 1% in almost 2 minutes). Now I've to charge my phone 2 times a day with screen on time of approx 3.5-4 hours. If playing a video in speaker, it barely lasts 3 hours. I've followed almost every tips to reduce battery drain issues other than keyboard haptics, which is a personal essential. But even with the same settings, easily my phone used to last for a full day. Even without using for 6-8 hours there's a decline of 8-10%. Please help !!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 4:57 AM

Please go through the following links.

Protect & Prolong the life of your iPhone's Battery: Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (IN)

Try some of these options too.

1. Avoid Screen Mirroring
  2. Put on Low Power Mode
  3. Put Auto-Lock on (1 min):- with the Low power mode it will be 30 Sec
  4. Disable Push notifications for apps you do not use often
  5. Keep your iPhone Facedown to prevent notifications to light up the screen
  6. Enable Auto-Brightness:- Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Auto-Brightness [Enable]
  7. When possible, manually lower the brightness from Control Center
  8. If you want to watch continuous Videos/Movies. Stream it on TV or a Monitor
  9. Don't force close apps; Apps that are not on the frontend screen are paused by the system to save energy. Apps require more energy to re-launch. Apps that are open in the background use large memory is a myth and quitting them is counterproductive
  10. Location services may please be allowed only while using the app. Avoid the "Always" option wherever available
  11. Set your iPhone to fetch email & Calendar data from the internet less frequently
  12. Turning off Background App Refresh 
  13. Charge before it drops below 20-30%
  14. Periodically Check the Battery Health (Settings > Battery > Battery Health)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2022 4:57 AM in response to JustinTitus

Please go through the following links.

Protect & Prolong the life of your iPhone's Battery: Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (IN)

Try some of these options too.

1. Avoid Screen Mirroring
  2. Put on Low Power Mode
  3. Put Auto-Lock on (1 min):- with the Low power mode it will be 30 Sec
  4. Disable Push notifications for apps you do not use often
  5. Keep your iPhone Facedown to prevent notifications to light up the screen
  6. Enable Auto-Brightness:- Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Auto-Brightness [Enable]
  7. When possible, manually lower the brightness from Control Center
  8. If you want to watch continuous Videos/Movies. Stream it on TV or a Monitor
  9. Don't force close apps; Apps that are not on the frontend screen are paused by the system to save energy. Apps require more energy to re-launch. Apps that are open in the background use large memory is a myth and quitting them is counterproductive
  10. Location services may please be allowed only while using the app. Avoid the "Always" option wherever available
  11. Set your iPhone to fetch email & Calendar data from the internet less frequently
  12. Turning off Background App Refresh 
  13. Charge before it drops below 20-30%
  14. Periodically Check the Battery Health (Settings > Battery > Battery Health)

iPhone 12 pro max barrery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.