Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ultra not charging on belkin stand

Ultra won't charge on my Belkin Wiz0001. Is the watch case incompatible with this charger? Charger works fine on my iWatch7...

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 12:12 PM

"My guess is that the Ultra is too thick or wide to allow proper mating."

That was it. I found a way to loosen the charging puck on the stand so it tilts slightly towards the back. It charges fine now.

8 replies

Dec 2, 2022 10:01 AM in response to Nemo69

Does the Ultra charge on the charging puck, which came with the watch? If yes, the Belkin stand may not be compatible. And for that you'd want to reach out to Belkin directly for help with their charger.

Here is a link from Belkin, which at the bottom lists the devices it is compatible with --> https://www.belkin.com/support-article/?articleNum=317248

It doesn't list AW Ultra, but that may or not be an oversight.

Dec 2, 2022 11:32 AM in response to lobsterghost1

The Belkin site does't appear to stay on top of the changes, so I can't rely on their information. According to Apple, the charging specs haven't changed at least through the Series 8.

My guess is that the Ultra is too thick or wide to allow proper mating. I'm going to see If I can reorient the charging puck to an angle closer to horizontal. If the stands breaks...Oh well.

Dec 2, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Nemo69

I have an Insignia 3 in 1 Charging stand which is MagSafe Certified (made for MagSafe) and Apple Watch Certified (made for Apple Watch) which use the NFC specifications required for Apple Watch and my Ultra charges just fine on it.

You didn't answer my question about whether your watch charges using the new braided cable puck included with your watch?

ultra not charging on belkin stand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.