Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google search blocking legitimate sites on my iPhone. I use safari and google search. I do NOT use chrome

https://www.googleadservices.com/

when doing a simple google search using Safari browser and google app I select a link going to a site and “google ad services” blocks a site that is provided by the search. This a legitimate site this is happening with a number of national commercial sites. This just started happening 5 days ago. I am a user/consumer I am not placing ads or using Google analytics. Help!!

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 7:34 PM

In addition to the above…

If you have an ad blocker, remove it.

If your iPhone 11 is not already running iOS 16.1.2, update it.

If this is your Wi-Fi network, restart the router.

Try a different Wi-Fi network.

Pending sorting this out, switch to the DuckDuckGo search engine and see if that works for your needs. (Google deliberately routes all links back through Google, and sometimes that doesn’t work as well as intended.)

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 7:34 PM in response to jo-ann99

In addition to the above…

If you have an ad blocker, remove it.

If your iPhone 11 is not already running iOS 16.1.2, update it.

If this is your Wi-Fi network, restart the router.

Try a different Wi-Fi network.

Pending sorting this out, switch to the DuckDuckGo search engine and see if that works for your needs. (Google deliberately routes all links back through Google, and sometimes that doesn’t work as well as intended.)

Dec 5, 2022 10:56 AM in response to jo-ann99

Hello jo-ann99,

We would suggest you start by clearing the cached in Safari. This removes any stored information that may be causing the problem. These steps, found at Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, should help resolve the problem:

Delete history, cache, and cookies
• To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
iPhone Safari Settings showing Clear history and website data.
• To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
• To visit sites without leaving a history, turn Private Browsing on.

When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting turns gray. The setting might also be gray if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time.

Have a good day.

Google search blocking legitimate sites on my iPhone. I use safari and google search. I do NOT use chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.