Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VO2 Max readings off a cliff with new watch

I found a thread here from a year ago about this same issue, and it seems to still be a problem.

I had a Series 4 for years and was very excited to see my Vo2 readings increase as I ran everyday. I was up to 40 before I sadly lost my watch in an accident. I went about three months with no watch, continued to run everyday just the same, no drastic changes to my fitness or health routine.

About a week ago I got a new watch, the Ultra. Went to record my first run and was shocked when my Vo2 reading was 24! This is laughable! I absolutely refuse to believe this is a correct measurement. It is just so insanely frustrating that there is no fix for this glaring bug in Apple's product.

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 2:19 PM

Hello John2038,

This article explains how to manage your cardio fitness data: Track your cardio fitness levels - Apple Support. Specifically this section may help:

If the Health app detects that your previous cardio fitness estimates could be more accurate, you'll have the option to update your data. In Cardio Fitness, tap Update under Update Your Data. After you update, the Cardio Fitness Data Updated notification shows you the results of the update and how your estimates changed.

You might also consider calibration of your device if you believe it is not tracking as it should: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 2:19 PM in response to John2038

Hello John2038,

This article explains how to manage your cardio fitness data: Track your cardio fitness levels - Apple Support. Specifically this section may help:

If the Health app detects that your previous cardio fitness estimates could be more accurate, you'll have the option to update your data. In Cardio Fitness, tap Update under Update Your Data. After you update, the Cardio Fitness Data Updated notification shows you the results of the update and how your estimates changed.

You might also consider calibration of your device if you believe it is not tracking as it should: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

VO2 Max readings off a cliff with new watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.