Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is in recover mode. However my macbook is saying it does not recognize the ipad and it will not restore or update. It is stuck on the screen with the charger plug.

My iPad is in recovery mode. However, my MacBook says it does not recognize the iPad and will not restore or update. It is stuck on the screen with the charger plug and laptop. What do I do? I have tried 7 times to restore and update it.

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 9:03 AM

If your iPad is not recognised by your computer when connected, try using a different USB port and/or data cable. Otherwise, this support page may be helpful with troubleshooting:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you are unable to self-resolve the problem, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assist with restoring your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 9:03 AM in response to Juicy_0616

If your iPad is not recognised by your computer when connected, try using a different USB port and/or data cable. Otherwise, this support page may be helpful with troubleshooting:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you are unable to self-resolve the problem, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assist with restoring your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My ipad is in recover mode. However my macbook is saying it does not recognize the ipad and it will not restore or update. It is stuck on the screen with the charger plug.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.