Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Capitalizes MY NAME

Hi,

The mail program seems to have "learned" to capitalize my name.

When I type in My Name it auto corrects it to MY NAME.

I have tried to overrule this in System Settings -> Keyboard -> Text replacements but since this doesn't allow spaces it doesn't work with my full name.

And it only happens in Mail and not eg in Word. Bizarre.

How can I make the Mail App "unlearn" this auto correction without turning off auto correct completely?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 4:47 AM

Thank you for feedback.

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

If still have the same issue, is there a their Party Application like the one in below link installed

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading 

If still have the same issue, this there a Third Party Application like the one in below link installed on this machine ?

https://www.grammarly.com/desktop/mac

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 4:47 AM in response to ute83

Thank you for feedback.

If still have the same issue, is there a their Party Application like the one in below link installed

If still have the same issue, this there a Third Party Application like the one in below link installed on this machine ?

https://www.grammarly.com/desktop/mac

Mail Capitalizes MY NAME

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.