Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning purchased songs to CD on my PC laptop

I purchased an album from iTunes. The songs are in the purchased folder. But I can't figure out how to make a playlist from the songs and burn them to a cd. I've followed several sets of instructions, but no luck so far. I'd appreciate any tops your might offer. Thanks a lot.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 8:03 AM

Hi Eardstapa,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! To create a CD in iTunes, follow these steps:

1. "In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left.
  2. Create a playlist that contains the songs or files you want to burn to the disc.
  3. Choose View > View As > Songs and make sure the items you want to include have a tick beside them.
  4. Insert a blank disc.
  5. Select the playlist, then choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc.

If Burn Playlist to Disc doesn’t appear in the File menu, the playlist you selected can’t be burned to a disc because it contains items with usage restrictions (for example, a song your computer isn’t authorised to play).

6. Select a disc format.

7. If you’re creating an audio CD, choose your options:

• Change the recording speed: Choose an option from the Preferred Speed pop-up menu.
    • Change the amount of silence between songs: Select Gap Between Songs.
    • Set all the songs on the disc to play at the same volume: Select Use Sound Check.
    • Include information that disc players in some vehicles can display: Select Include CD Text.

8. Click Burn.

It might take several minutes to burn a disc. You can cancel the burn by clicking the Cancel button next to the progress bar, but if you’re using a CD-R or DVD-R disc, you won’t be able to use it again.

9. If the playlist contains more items than will fit on the disc, insert another disc to continue burning the remaining items."

Find these steps and more recommendations for creating your CD in the article Create CDs and DVDs in iTunes on PC. You may need to convert the songs to MP3 format in order to burn them. If so, follow the guidance here: Convert music file formats in iTunes on PC.

Hope that helps!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 8:03 AM in response to Eardstapa

Hi Eardstapa,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities! To create a CD in iTunes, follow these steps:

1. "In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left.
  2. Create a playlist that contains the songs or files you want to burn to the disc.
  3. Choose View > View As > Songs and make sure the items you want to include have a tick beside them.
  4. Insert a blank disc.
  5. Select the playlist, then choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc.

If Burn Playlist to Disc doesn’t appear in the File menu, the playlist you selected can’t be burned to a disc because it contains items with usage restrictions (for example, a song your computer isn’t authorised to play).

6. Select a disc format.

7. If you’re creating an audio CD, choose your options:

• Change the recording speed: Choose an option from the Preferred Speed pop-up menu.
    • Change the amount of silence between songs: Select Gap Between Songs.
    • Set all the songs on the disc to play at the same volume: Select Use Sound Check.
    • Include information that disc players in some vehicles can display: Select Include CD Text.

8. Click Burn.

It might take several minutes to burn a disc. You can cancel the burn by clicking the Cancel button next to the progress bar, but if you’re using a CD-R or DVD-R disc, you won’t be able to use it again.

9. If the playlist contains more items than will fit on the disc, insert another disc to continue burning the remaining items."

Find these steps and more recommendations for creating your CD in the article Create CDs and DVDs in iTunes on PC. You may need to convert the songs to MP3 format in order to burn them. If so, follow the guidance here: Convert music file formats in iTunes on PC.

Hope that helps!

Burning purchased songs to CD on my PC laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.