Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't remove my card from Apple ID payment methods

I don’t know what happened

[Edited by Moderator] 

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 12:29 PM

Try adding a new payment method, then promote the new payment method to be the primary payment method. You should then be able to remove the payment method you now have on file.

See if the Apple Support article(s) below helps answer your question.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method.  *

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 12:29 PM in response to Ahmedsaleh716

Try adding a new payment method, then promote the new payment method to be the primary payment method. You should then be able to remove the payment method you now have on file.

See if the Apple Support article(s) below helps answer your question.

Apple ID payment information - change.  *

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method.  *

Dec 3, 2022 12:16 PM in response to Ahmedsaleh716

Hello ~ You have an active subscription and therefore you cannot remove your payment method. Take a look here by clicking on the following link…

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support*

*If you can't remove a payment method

If you have subscriptions like iCloud+, have an unpaid balance, or you use purchase sharing, you must keep at least one payment method on file.

~Katana-San~

I can't remove my card from Apple ID payment methods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.