Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print multiple copies (4) on one page?

Mac OS 12.2

Pages 12.2.1

I have a one-page document. I want to print 4 copies of it on one page (letter paper).

How do I do this?

In printer settings, under LAYOUT > PAGES PER SHEET > I chose 4 but only one copy shows up in the top left quadrant of the preview.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 1:06 AM

"I chose 4 but only one copy shows up in the top left quadrant of the preview. "

Which might provide a hint to "How do I do this?"

The print option to print two or four pages requires that your document has two or four pages (or more) to print.

Duplicate your single page three times to create an additional three pages, then Press command-P, and set the pages per sheet property to 4.

Details:

If yours is a Page Layout document, each page is also a Section, and duplicating the initial page will also create a new section. No adjustments should be necessary before printing.

If your document is a word processing document, new pages are created as they are needed to accommodate the text in the space available on each page.

Select the content of the page, and press command-D to duplicate that content. Repeat twice more with the same content selected.

IF your original and three copies do not fill the four pages, you will need to find the text which should end the first page, click immediately after that text to place the insertion point at that location, then go to the Insert menu and choose Page Break.

Repeat with the end of text for the second page and the third, giving you four identical pages that, when Pages per sheet is set to four, will place identical content into each quadrant of one page.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 1:06 AM in response to Barcafan2010

"I chose 4 but only one copy shows up in the top left quadrant of the preview. "

Which might provide a hint to "How do I do this?"

The print option to print two or four pages requires that your document has two or four pages (or more) to print.

Duplicate your single page three times to create an additional three pages, then Press command-P, and set the pages per sheet property to 4.

Details:

If yours is a Page Layout document, each page is also a Section, and duplicating the initial page will also create a new section. No adjustments should be necessary before printing.

If your document is a word processing document, new pages are created as they are needed to accommodate the text in the space available on each page.

Select the content of the page, and press command-D to duplicate that content. Repeat twice more with the same content selected.

IF your original and three copies do not fill the four pages, you will need to find the text which should end the first page, click immediately after that text to place the insertion point at that location, then go to the Insert menu and choose Page Break.

Repeat with the end of text for the second page and the third, giving you four identical pages that, when Pages per sheet is set to four, will place identical content into each quadrant of one page.

Regards,

Barry

How to print multiple copies (4) on one page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.