Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE what is the deal? Group chats and individual responses?

I’ve done all the steps required to solve the issue. I’ve read countless articles about it and they all say the same thing. To solve the issue just turn on the MMS and the SMS. Well I have news for all those who continuously give the same response which obviously is not working. STILL I get individual response to my group chats. So PLEASE, Apple do something about this. This has to be one of the most annoying issues. It’s enough already we get random texts from hijacked numbers and spam. What’s the point of even starting a group chat if I’m going to receive 5 different individual response. For that I might as well text 10 people individually. That said, turning MMS and SMS DOES NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE.

Can someone really help?

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 7:14 PM

You do not mention if you turned on the Group Messaging switch. Also, does this group message just contain users with iPhones, or are there any non-iOS devices included. Group messages that contain Android users at times will have their replies come back to you individually. It can have something to do with the Android devices and/or their carrier.

Also, you are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 7:14 PM in response to Choicemas

You do not mention if you turned on the Group Messaging switch. Also, does this group message just contain users with iPhones, or are there any non-iOS devices included. Group messages that contain Android users at times will have their replies come back to you individually. It can have something to do with the Android devices and/or their carrier.

Also, you are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here.

APPLE what is the deal? Group chats and individual responses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.