Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro freezing again and again after iOS 16.1.1 update

Iphone 12 Pro freezing again and again after 16.1.1 update

Everyone on the forum is facing constant freeze issue after 16.1.1.

Please note below items cannot be done due to iphone freezing after. 2,3,5 mins:

1. Cannot backup phone
  2. Cannot update to 16.1.2
  3. Hard reset doesn't solve issue as freezing happens every other min or so.
  4. Before suggesting keep in mind that this event happening right after 16.1.1 update so it is a update issue and not hardware issue.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 5:10 AM

ITS WORKING NOW!!! Thank you so much for your advice (:

I was able to get my phone running the same, if anything even faster!! All I did was back up all my photos, messages and etc to an iCloud. At first I didn’t have enough storage, so I swallowed my pride and bought extra iCloud storage for $4 month. I realized how useful it is tbh, you’re able to have all your messages and photos and apps all restored!! Next I backup up my phone and sync’d all the photos. Once that was done, I did a factory hard reset on my phone. (you can also back up on iTunes via your Mac book if you don’t want to pay for iCloud). Once I hard reset my phone, I logged back in iCloud and everything was restored on my phone. I have NOT seen any glitching, resetting or restarting issues, and it has been over 4 days now! Everything seems perfect, fingers crossed it stays the same (:

I will give you guys another update down the line!!

Thank you again for the advice @mandi247!

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 5:10 AM in response to mandi287

ITS WORKING NOW!!! Thank you so much for your advice (:

I was able to get my phone running the same, if anything even faster!! All I did was back up all my photos, messages and etc to an iCloud. At first I didn’t have enough storage, so I swallowed my pride and bought extra iCloud storage for $4 month. I realized how useful it is tbh, you’re able to have all your messages and photos and apps all restored!! Next I backup up my phone and sync’d all the photos. Once that was done, I did a factory hard reset on my phone. (you can also back up on iTunes via your Mac book if you don’t want to pay for iCloud). Once I hard reset my phone, I logged back in iCloud and everything was restored on my phone. I have NOT seen any glitching, resetting or restarting issues, and it has been over 4 days now! Everything seems perfect, fingers crossed it stays the same (:

I will give you guys another update down the line!!

Thank you again for the advice @mandi247!

Dec 4, 2022 9:40 PM in response to Tim_woods

I tried every option I saw on the internet, hard reset, updated all apps, deleted recently downloaded apps, reset settings etc… I even updated the phone using iTunes but still the problem persists. The last option is to factory reset the phone, which I can’t afford to do now as I have no backup means for my very heavy yet important files. I’m so pained right now!

Dec 7, 2022 5:43 PM in response to SameerJalal

Same, I'm using an iPhone 8 plus. The phone never had any issues like that, wasn't even very slow considering its age. Soon as I updated to 16.1.2, now it freezes and crashes 5 - 20 minutes after the previous crash. I tried clearing all settings, didn't help. I tried updating all my applications, nothing. I tried hard resetting it, still freezes. I also tried backing it up but it would crash before it would finish.

Dec 9, 2022 9:28 AM in response to SameerJalal

I started to experience crashing with my phone after 15 minutes. The wheel pops up and freezes and then it's back to the lock screen. Knowing I only had a 15-minute window or so I had to quickly (once it crashed and started up again) BACKUP my phone to my MacBook with a lighting cable wire. When in finder I clicked my iPhone and within the Backups tab I put it to "Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac" and also hit "encrypt local backup". Again knowing that time is an issue here, I had to severely delete a lot of apps and photos I do not need to make the backup a lot faster and go below the 15-minute timeframe. As it was all backed up successfully. I had to factory reset my iPhone. And when prompted to the "backup page" I click the computer tab to backup. Plugged it back into my computer and let the backup process begin. It's now going beyond the 15 minutes at this time and has not restarted itself. Also to note I did try everything listed from a hard reset, to reset settings, etc, but nothing worked until I had to fully erase everything once backed up. I can now use my phone as normal with all my apps messages and everything still here, can even install a update too.

iPhone 12 Pro freezing again and again after iOS 16.1.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.