Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password protect a Numbers document

I password protected a Numbers document and the document states it is protected. When I close the document and access it again, the system doesn’t ask me for the password to access the document similar to Microsoft Excel. How do I know that the document is actually protected and that someone else can’t access the document?

iMac

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 9:27 AM

You chose to select that password panel option to remember the password in your Key Chain. That means that when you open that Numbers document in your account, Numbers gets the password from the Key Chain and opens that document for you. Not so for any other account or user on or off your Mac where the password challenge will still occur.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Dance205

You chose to select that password panel option to remember the password in your Key Chain. That means that when you open that Numbers document in your account, Numbers gets the password from the Key Chain and opens that document for you. Not so for any other account or user on or off your Mac where the password challenge will still occur.

Password protect a Numbers document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.