Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App on iMac - Connected Apps not working?

I have an iMac and an iPhone. On my iPhone I can use the Apple TV App to search and watch all of my streaming services in the one place. My Connected Apps are:

• All 4
  • BBC iPlayer
  • Disney+
  • ITVX
  • My5
  • Now
  • Prime Video

On my iMac I'm signed in to the Apple TV App with the same Apple ID, but when I search it doesn't show any of the shows on these streaming services. Does anyone know why this could be? I read online that once the Connected Apps are set up on my iPhone, they should be available through the Apple TV App on all of my devices, but perhaps I've missed something?

Thank you!

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 7:32 AM

Connected apps work on select Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV box. The separate content provider app is needed to be present on the device for this.

Most of these services have no dedicated app of their own on macOS, hence app connecting is not supported for now on the macOS platform. You may still use web access for many of these streaming services, although Apple ID subscriptions may not be recognized outside dedicated apps on Apple devices.

I hope this clears up the reach of the connected app functionality.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 7:32 AM in response to cathyg90

Connected apps work on select Apple devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV box. The separate content provider app is needed to be present on the device for this.

Most of these services have no dedicated app of their own on macOS, hence app connecting is not supported for now on the macOS platform. You may still use web access for many of these streaming services, although Apple ID subscriptions may not be recognized outside dedicated apps on Apple devices.

I hope this clears up the reach of the connected app functionality.

Apple TV App on iMac - Connected Apps not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.