Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV is not turning on

I haven’t used my Apple TV in a while and now I want to use it. It’s not turning on anymore. I charge the remote for a few hours. I pressed the TV icon and volume decrease at the same time for 5, 10 20 seconds but the Apple TV did not blink any light. I unplugged the device from power as well as my Fire TV, waited for a few minutes and redid everything, still nothing happened.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 9:01 PM

If you unplugged from power, and then reconnect to power, then Apple TV should start up, and you should see a flashing status light for ~15 seconds, followed by a continuously glowing status light, when the startup has finished and it is ready for use. Then Apple TV itself is probably fine and the issue is elsewhere.

If you see no glowing status light, then it is not getting power. If other devices can get power on that AC outlet, then the internal power supply might be broken. Then contact Apple for options: See ‘Contact Us’ at Apple TV Repair & Service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 9:01 PM in response to mtlcaranto

If you unplugged from power, and then reconnect to power, then Apple TV should start up, and you should see a flashing status light for ~15 seconds, followed by a continuously glowing status light, when the startup has finished and it is ready for use. Then Apple TV itself is probably fine and the issue is elsewhere.

If you see no glowing status light, then it is not getting power. If other devices can get power on that AC outlet, then the internal power supply might be broken. Then contact Apple for options: See ‘Contact Us’ at Apple TV Repair & Service - Apple Support

My Apple TV is not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.