Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

with a child account, how do I remove her access to all of my data, contacts, and phone?

with a child account, how do I remove her access to all of my data, contacts, and phone?

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 8:58 PM

RusticMum wrote:

Thanks MrHoffman - but since she is under 13 I have to create an Apple ID for her and because of that her new iPhone isn't receiving or sending through her own phone number but rather using all of my information instead. Any way to change that?

An Apple ID is per-person.

You’re not sharing an Apple ID.

You’re getting everybody’s data tangled.

Again, what you are encountering is expected and normal behavior for one person; unshared.

It’s undesirable behaviour for multiple people; for sharing; tangled.

What to do?

Stop sharing.

Set up a Family Sharing group from your Apple ID..

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Create a new Apple ID for the scion, transition the iPhone to the new owner, and sign in under the newly-created Apple ID, and join the family group.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 8:58 PM in response to RusticMum

RusticMum wrote:

Thanks MrHoffman - but since she is under 13 I have to create an Apple ID for her and because of that her new iPhone isn't receiving or sending through her own phone number but rather using all of my information instead. Any way to change that?

An Apple ID is per-person.

You’re not sharing an Apple ID.

You’re getting everybody’s data tangled.

Again, what you are encountering is expected and normal behavior for one person; unshared.

It’s undesirable behaviour for multiple people; for sharing; tangled.

What to do?

Stop sharing.

Set up a Family Sharing group from your Apple ID..

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Create a new Apple ID for the scion, transition the iPhone to the new owner, and sign in under the newly-created Apple ID, and join the family group.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.