Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I save in an older powerpoint version with Keynote?

I can create a presentation and slide show in Keynote. I can export it to

a powerpoint. But how do I make it save in an older powerpoint file? Now it is saved in pptx. I want it to be saved as ppt.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:21 PM

I want it to be saved as ppt.

It's important to be able to open very old PowerPoint files, but why do you want to save a presentation in a format that became obsolete 20 years ago?

Anyway the workaround is:

export from Keynote as a pptX file then open the file in PowerPoint or Libra office and Save As a PowerPoint 97 presentation.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Camilla_1

I want it to be saved as ppt.

It's important to be able to open very old PowerPoint files, but why do you want to save a presentation in a format that became obsolete 20 years ago?

Anyway the workaround is:

export from Keynote as a pptX file then open the file in PowerPoint or Libra office and Save As a PowerPoint 97 presentation.

Dec 6, 2022 3:42 AM in response to Camilla_1

I have friends who can’t open a pptx- file.

Is this a PowerPoint file you have sent them or is this just a general comment they have made.

If you have sent them a file using Email, what size in Megabytes is it?

Do they have PowerPoint installed?

They tell me it’s because it’s made in a Mac

A PowerPoint file made on a Mac or a Windows computer are identical, there is no inherent problem doing this.

All my work is created on a Mac, 95% of my clients use windows, we have no problems sending each other PowerPoint files.

If you are in a Photo Club why send a PowerPoint file, most clubs insist that all entries must be JPEG image files.

Some are members in the same photo club as me.

If you have JPEG images why are you not sending out JPEG's?

How can I save in an older powerpoint version with Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.