Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought Apple watch series 8. I would like to know whether it can detect sleep automatically apart from scheduled ones

I bought Apple watch series 8. I would like to know whether it can detect sleep automatically apart from scheduled ones

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 7:13 AM

Hey accudin,

We'd be happy to answer your question. As for Sleep Tracking, you'd need to set up a sleep schedule. This isn't something that is tracked automatically.

This is outlined in more detail here: Track your sleep with Apple Watch - Apple Support

For help setting up a schedule, check out these steps from the above resource:

Change or add a sleep schedule
1. Open the Sleep app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Full Schedule, then do one of the following:
• Change a sleep schedule: Tap the current schedule.
• Add a sleep schedule: Tap Add Schedule.
• Change your sleep goal: Tap Sleep Goal, then set the amount of time you want to sleep.
• Change Wind Down time: Tap Wind Down, then set the amount of time you want the Sleep Focus to be active before bedtime.

The Sleep Focus turns off the watch display and turns on Do Not Disturb to reduce distractions before your scheduled bedtime.

3. Do any of the following:
• Set the days for your schedule: Tap your schedule, then tap Active On. Choose days, then tap <.
• Adjust your wake time and bedtime: Tap your schedule, tap Wake Up or Bedtime, turn the Digital Crown to set a new time, then tap the Check button.
• Set the alarm options: Tap your schedule, then turn Alarm off or on and tap Sound & Haptics to choose an alarm sound.
• Remove or cancel a sleep schedule: Tap your schedule, then tap Delete Schedule (at the bottom of the screen) to remove an existing schedule, or tap Cancel (at the top of the screen) to cancel creating a new one.

We hope this helps out. You're also more than welcome to provide feedback on your feature request here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 7:13 AM in response to accudin

Hey accudin,

We'd be happy to answer your question. As for Sleep Tracking, you'd need to set up a sleep schedule. This isn't something that is tracked automatically.

This is outlined in more detail here: Track your sleep with Apple Watch - Apple Support

For help setting up a schedule, check out these steps from the above resource:

Change or add a sleep schedule
1. Open the Sleep app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Full Schedule, then do one of the following:
• Change a sleep schedule: Tap the current schedule.
• Add a sleep schedule: Tap Add Schedule.
• Change your sleep goal: Tap Sleep Goal, then set the amount of time you want to sleep.
• Change Wind Down time: Tap Wind Down, then set the amount of time you want the Sleep Focus to be active before bedtime.

The Sleep Focus turns off the watch display and turns on Do Not Disturb to reduce distractions before your scheduled bedtime.

3. Do any of the following:
• Set the days for your schedule: Tap your schedule, then tap Active On. Choose days, then tap <.
• Adjust your wake time and bedtime: Tap your schedule, tap Wake Up or Bedtime, turn the Digital Crown to set a new time, then tap the Check button.
• Set the alarm options: Tap your schedule, then turn Alarm off or on and tap Sound & Haptics to choose an alarm sound.
• Remove or cancel a sleep schedule: Tap your schedule, then tap Delete Schedule (at the bottom of the screen) to remove an existing schedule, or tap Cancel (at the top of the screen) to cancel creating a new one.

We hope this helps out. You're also more than welcome to provide feedback on your feature request here: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.