Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome following to different desktops

Hi there,

I need to be able to switch between desktops for my job- in particular, switch between google chrome work spaces. Whenever I attempt to switch desktops, the same google chrome window follows me. How do I get each desktop in Mac to have their own google chrome workspace? I'm also noticing other windows following to other desktops. I feel something in my settings isn't correct on the mac.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 5:07 AM

Hi there,

My only options are ALL DESKTOPS or NONE. No matter which I'm clicking, it always switches back to one specific google chrome window with all of my work tabs. I'm just trying to have different windows for different projects per desktop. I'm not sure if it would be something in system preferences or what. I'm stumped!

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 5:07 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi there,

My only options are ALL DESKTOPS or NONE. No matter which I'm clicking, it always switches back to one specific google chrome window with all of my work tabs. I'm just trying to have different windows for different projects per desktop. I'm not sure if it would be something in system preferences or what. I'm stumped!

Dec 5, 2022 5:47 AM in response to dialabrain

Yes, that article is helpful. However, the issue is when I go to another desktop, and click the google chrome icon, it continuously goes back to a google chrome with a bunch of tabs open. I want to work in SEPARATE google chromes. When I click on the options of the google chrome app, I only have all desktops or NONE as my options. Whether I click one or the other, it continues to do this. Any idea if it is settings on my mac, and not google chrome specifically? Thanks so much.

Dec 5, 2022 5:39 AM in response to caylavmarie7

caylavmarie7 wrote:

yes! different apps on different desktops-

no! :) Chrome is only one app.

specifically different chrome windows on different desktops with different tabs in each. I'm sorry I'm obviously ignorant with tech issues! I may not call things the right words haha! Thank you so much for your time and help!

You're welcome.

See if this article helps…

Work in multiple spaces on Mac - Apple Support

Google Chrome following to different desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.