Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot have chrome in separate desktops since Big Sur update

I utilise multiple desktops a lot working on my macbook pro - I usually have a desktop for each project, and thus having multiple different chrome windows open, in different desktops I can switch between. This broke when I updated to Big Sur. Now I can only have chrome open on the desktop I am using, I can't have it in multiple desktops, I can't drag it to a new desktop and when I move to a separate desktop the chrome window follows me and does not stay in the previous space. In mission control I have none of the 4x boxes ticked I've also tried logging out, restarting my computer and rebooting thee dock via terminal. This is a chrome specific issue, I have tested it in Safari and can still use multiple safari windows/desktops, does anyone know how to make it work again for chrome?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:33 AM

I don't have Chrome, so I can't test.

Click and hold the Chrome icon in the Dock, then look at Options. What does it say regarding assigning it to desktops? I believe that the option you want is "None".

Similar questions

2 replies

Cannot have chrome in separate desktops since Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.