Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook 2017 webcam issues killing laptop

hello people

errors i got at diagnostic mode:

• power management system (PPN001)
  • system management controller (PFM006)
  • the camera (NDC001)

problem is that macbook runs super extremely slow (bootup 5+ minutes, just so impossible to work on it) and at the same time cooler fan spins at max speed, BUT temperature is okay, its not heating or whatever! that was strange, i have decided to check all connectors at motherboard, after 2 days troubleshooting found the problem: webcam connector!!! if disconnect it macbook works as rocket, everything is ok just no webcam after that, i have read some forums that people say webcam uses same trackpad's lines for working, cant understand what does it means which lines i have to check(((

i have tried reconnect webcam connector 10+ times for cleaning it, not helped(

if someone had same problem or know how to fix it please help me

i just want my webcam back

cheers !

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 6:36 PM

The Apple Diagnostic errors are telling you that you have multiple hardware issues with the Logic Board on this laptop. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 6, 2022 10:14 PM in response to HWTech

@hwtech i got this laptop for 280$ and dont wanna spend more 300+ to apple service)

there many bad feedbacks about their useless service, they are requesting change motherboard for many many $$$ instead of repairing or changing broken part.

and second, apple diagnostic utility lying me, after disconnecting webcam 2 other errors gets off.

Dec 7, 2022 7:10 AM in response to tofiq94

tofiq94 wrote:

@hwtech i got this laptop for 280$ and dont wanna spend more 300+ to apple service)

Now you know why you got the laptop for so cheap. It is broken.

there many bad feedbacks about their useless service, they are requesting change motherboard for many many $$$ instead of repairing or changing broken part.

Sometimes there are problems with certain techs or service locations in some regions. Sometimes there are misunderstandings about coverage as well (both techs & users). A Logic Board will be a very expensive repair since today's Apple Logic Boards include a lot of other components that used to be separate individual components (wireless, SSD, memory, etc.). The Logic Board is the part they will be changing, so I'm not sure what you mean. Apple hasn't repaired a user's Logic Board since the Apple II and early Macintosh days back in the 80's and early 90's. Since that time Apple replaces whole components with refurbished parts as do most other OEMs.

There may be third party repair shops/techs who may repair the Logic Board itself for you, but those repairs will usually be expensive as well. Plus the skills of some of people performing those very difficult unauthorized repairs can vary greatly.

and second, apple diagnostic utility lying me, after disconnecting webcam 2 other errors gets off.

Seems like it is telling you the truth. You disconnect something, so I would hope the diagnostic would report that. The webcam has the camera and ambient light sensor which are two separate items. Not sure what you think is wrong here.

macbook 2017 webcam issues killing laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.