Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are good battery charging habits? Can I charge my iPhone at any time without reducing battery life? Can I leave the iPhone charging overnight without shortening battery life or damaging the battery?

What are good battery charging habits? Can I charge my iPhone at any time without reducing battery life? Can I leave the iPhone charging overnight without shortening battery life or damaging the battery?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 8:45 AM

You can charge your phone anytime. You can leave it plugged in to charge overnight, every night. In fact that is what you should do, with Optimized Battery Charging turned on. You have accept that Battery Health decline is normal and not linear. No matter what you do, the health of your battery will decline with every full cycle charge.

Read this link from a very respected member of the community (Lawrence Finch) --> When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 8:45 AM in response to 6picker

You can charge your phone anytime. You can leave it plugged in to charge overnight, every night. In fact that is what you should do, with Optimized Battery Charging turned on. You have accept that Battery Health decline is normal and not linear. No matter what you do, the health of your battery will decline with every full cycle charge.

Read this link from a very respected member of the community (Lawrence Finch) --> When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.