Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my payment method?

I am needing assistance with updating my apple pay.

I have one payment method in my phone, but I continue to get a bill on an old card that has expired. Any suggestions on what to do?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 2:08 PM

Hi DCfan61,

Note that Apple Pay is its very own thing and is not the same as Apple Account balance. It would really help if we knew exactly to which you are referring.

This article explains how you can change a card that is used for paying for things like apps and music: Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you have an ongoing subscription you may need to add the new card and then bump it to the top of the payment list before you can remove an old one.

Here's a link for Apple Pay card management Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2022 2:08 PM in response to DCfan61

Hi DCfan61,

Note that Apple Pay is its very own thing and is not the same as Apple Account balance. It would really help if we knew exactly to which you are referring.

This article explains how you can change a card that is used for paying for things like apps and music: Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you have an ongoing subscription you may need to add the new card and then bump it to the top of the payment list before you can remove an old one.

Here's a link for Apple Pay card management Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

How can I update my payment method?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.