Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Documents are Missing

I erased all the files on an old MAC and discarded the machine. I went to open documents on the new machine and they are all gone. I followed steps on iCloud to recover old files and nothing is there. I never went through a process to permanently delete anything on iCloud prior to discarding the old machine.

Thoughts?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 7:55 AM

Uh oh… If you had documents in icloud turned on, when you did that, you erased them everywhere.

This is your only hope… Recover deleted files on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you can’t do it that way and you were not using Time Machine (which would back up any documents that were actually stored locally), then I’m afraid the data is gone.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2022 7:55 AM in response to JMD_12

Uh oh… If you had documents in icloud turned on, when you did that, you erased them everywhere.

This is your only hope… Recover deleted files on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you can’t do it that way and you were not using Time Machine (which would back up any documents that were actually stored locally), then I’m afraid the data is gone.

All Documents are Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.